Monday, March 09, 2009

My New Not-So-Secret Weapon

Listen up, people. I've found a product that just might save your marriage.

I first heard of Just A Drop on one of our local morning shows. It's a magical blue liquid that comes in a teeny tiny bottle. You apparently squirt one single drop into the toilet bowl BEFORE you...ummm...do your duty, and it supposedly eliminates ALL subsequent odour. The hostess of the morning show was gushing about how wonderful this product is and how unbelievably well it works.

I was just as skeptical as you are.

And then my husband started working out at the gym. And he started consuming large amounts of whey protein and various protein bars on a more-than-regular basis.

I don't know if it's because of the whey protein, or because he's missing half of a colon no thanks to a nasty brush with colon cancer, or a combination of both, but HOLY CRAP (pardon the pun) that man can clear a room! I'm talking eye-watering, blame the dog and evacuate the house kind of stink. To make matters worse, most of this extra heavy duty concentrated super-stink occurs in our en-suite bathroom. Yup, I get to wake up to this lovely aroma. Kind of like getting drunk and waking up to find yourself in a poorly maintained barn and not knowing how you got there.

Anyhow, hubby and I were wandering through the aisles of The Big Bad W store yesterday, and out of the corner of my eye I spot a tiny blue glint of colour. After several months of whey-induced stink, I've decided I'll try just about anything to protect my nose and the noses of my children. So I grabbed a bottle (which was quite reasonably priced, all things considered) and we headed for home.

Reading the ingredients list, I was quite impressed. It's made from all-natural plant extracts, so it's safe for your plumbing or sceptic systems or whatever you've got going on, although I wouldn't recommend tasting it yourself. It comes with a little holder that sticks to the wall, so you can put it right next to the toilet rather than hiding it in the medicine cabinet, and that way everyone will be more likely to remember to use it (let's face it ladies, this problem isn't restricted to the Y chromosome, although they do seem to take more pride in it than we do).

Hubby was the first to try it when we got home. He came out of the washroom and announced that he thought it worked pretty well, but would leave the final verdict up to me. Thanks, honey. I screwed up my courage and went to face the music. I was stunned. I had to ask hubby to confirm that he actually did something in there. There was no trace of any smell at all! It was magical, and it almost brought tears of joy to my eyes.

They also make these cute little travel packs so you can take it with you to work or parties or wherever you might want to avoid having to hide in your bathroom stall until everyone else leaves in disgust before showing your face.

I highly and enthusiastically recommend this product to anyone and everyone who uses a toilet. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi BikerMomma's, just wanted to say thank you for your great comments on our Just'a Drop and we are very to hear that it really worked for your husband:)

If you send us your mailing adress, we would love to send you a care pack with coupons and you could test our two new fragrances Regreshing Spring & Floral Oasis for your feedback.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards
Luc Jalbert /co founder

Luc Jalbert/co-founder
Prelam Enterprises Ltd.
300 Baig Blvd. Suite C3
Moncton, NB, E1E 1C8
Canada
Tel:(506)857-0499 ext.222
fax:(506)384-2984
email:lucjalbert@prelam.com
www.myjustadrop.com