Thursday, June 22, 2006

Echoes of Mom, Much?

Why get a parrot? I mean, they live for - what? - fifty-sixty some-odd years, don't they? If you really want to have a creature to follow you around all day repeating every word, every turn of phrase you utter, I'd suggest getting a toddler.

For example, I was sitting here reorganizing a years' worth of paperwork the other day. Trouble had disappeared from my side yet again, having grown bored with the movie he had asked to watch. Knowing what kind of carnage Trouble is capable of over a short period of time, I shouted from the bedroom/office, "Hey, Trouble! Where are you?"

The answer came from the living room, "I downstairs!"

Me: "Well, come back here and watch the movie with me!"

Trouble: "What?"

Me, slightly louder: "I said, come back here and watch the movie with me!"

Trouble: "I can't hear you! Come down here to talk to me! Don't yell across the house!"

I guess I can file that nugget of wisdom under "Do as I say, not as I do." Nothing better for a mom's ego than having a two-and-a-half year old show you with crystal clarity exactly how ridiculous you sound.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL Vicky. My 3 year old nephew does stuff like that.

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Aren't kids the greatest?