Friday, February 17, 2006

A 6 Year Old's View On Retirement

Here's a conversation I just had with my 6 year old son over lunch. It was so funny, I just had to share:

Son: When I grow up, I'm gonna be an artist.

Mom: Really? Well, you know, there are all kinds of artists in the world. See that car show they're talking about on TV? Well, they need artists to draw those new cars before they can start building them. Isn't that cool?

Son: Yeah, but they'll already have their artists by the time I'm grown up, so I'll have to be a different kind of artist.

Mom: Don't worry. There will be plenty of jobs for you when you grow up. By the time you're a grown-up, all the people who are working now will be retired, so the companies will have to find new people to replace them.

Son: Yeah, like me, 'cause I'm never retired. I have lots of energy so I'll be working all the time.

Out of the mouths of babes, huh? :D

No comments: