Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Progress Report

Hey there, blog lovers!

Two weeks ago, I had welcomed you to the beginning of the rest of my life. True to my word, and somewhat surprisingly, I've been walking on my much-neglected treadmill every week-day since then. I started at 15 minutes per day, just to ease into things. I've since moved up to 20 minutes. I hope to be able to kick it up to 30 minutes in the New Year. Baby steps, remember?

So, after 2 weeks of walking, and eating smaller bags of chips, I have some progress to report.

I've lost 1" off of my ribcage, 1" off my waist and 1" off my tummy which, thanks to age, 2 c-sections and gravity, hangs considerably lower than my waist, so I figured I'd measure it separately.

I'm also happy to report that the smaller bags of chips that are sitting in my pantry are somewhat less vocal than the large bags I used to buy. I'm not sure why, but the little Hallowe'en sized bags don't call to me the way the Costco bags do. Maybe smaller bags have smaller voices and, because I'm a Mom, I'm quite used to ignoring the little whining voices around me. Whatever the reason, it's working, so we'll keep going with this part of the plan as well.

Well, gotta go. My treadmill is calling me...

No comments: