Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bilbo's Back?

While searching through a few other blogs, I found a link to "Let the Hobbit Happen". It's a site dedicated to encouraging New Line Cinema and Peter Jackson to create a live-action version of Tolkien's "The Hobbit". Apparently, they've already received encouraging news from the powers that be.

I, for one, would be thrilled to see the LOTR folks bring "The Hobbit" to life. I don't feel the story is complete without it. I also don't think anyone other than Peter Jackson could pull it off. Let's face it, there's a huge, massive, Kong-sized (sorry, couldn't resist) precedent to follow here. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't start the series with this movie in the first place. It certainly would have saved me the grief of answering a bazillion questions while watching the LOTR movies with some of my non-reading friends. And at least Bilbo would have been portrayed by the same actor throughout - something I'm sure they won't be able to pull off should they put The Hobbit into production at this late date.

I'll be sure to update this site with any news I get on The Hobbit's journey.

No comments: